Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] I'm not supposed to talk to you
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

What he as looking for. Perhaps Simon was looking for something without even knowing what it was. But he knew it wasn't found here. He knew he could never live the life that was expected of him here. It just wasn't right. "Thanks, Elijah." He said. He sipped his tea. "Ye ain't in church on Sunday mornin' either..." he noted. The tone was teasing more than judgemental. He didn't care much about it. If there was a God, he was damned already, so what was the point?
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah chuckled softly and looked away sheepishly. "Yeah. I haven't felt.. very faithful lately. So I haven't gone in perhaps over a year. But lucky us, otherwise you'd have missed me."
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

Simon smirked. "I won't report you if you don't report me," he joked.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah laughed softly. "I think Ben would freak out just imagining you stepping into a catholic church." He leaned in a bit as if pretending to whisper, "But sounds like a deal."
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

Simon rolled his eyes. "Ye know he's talkin' about turnin' ye into a Protestant, right? Watch yer back." Then he sat back and shrugged. "Well, I suppose he won't now, so there's a silver lining."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah chuckled but it wilted when he mentioned the truth, he might never speak to Ben again. He looked down and sighed heavily. "Yeah, maybe. Always try to see the bright side.. right?" He chuckled weakly but it died in his throat. "Thank you again, for coming.'
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

Simon stopped smirking when he saw the look on Elijah's face and mentally beat himself up. It was sometimes hard to comprehend why people cared about his father's opinion or his friendship. He was a judgemental ass who told everyone what to do and went ballistic whenever he didn't get his way. But Elijah had this strange respect for Simon's father in spite of everything. "Hey." he said, and he gave Elijah a gentle push again. "He'll come round. Ye just 'urt 'is pride." Meanwhile his father had hurt Simon and his pride, and nobody was talking about that. But his father could only see his own perspective.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled weakly. "I hope you're right Simon.." He tilted his head. "I do have to ask.. why you didn't let the report stay? I know you still love your dad even though he is flawed, but you could have been freed from him if you wanted. You know I wouldn't have held him long."
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

Simon stared at his cup and frowned as he tried to understand his own motivations. It had been more of a gut thing. It simpy hadn't been right. "I hate him..." he said quietly. "But he's my father. It just ain't right...." He squinted his eyes. "Ye know 'e's well respected within our community. And 'e's proud. This was the worst degradation for 'im and if other people would find out... They'd probably pick 'is side anyway, and I'd be ostracised..."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed. "It wouldn't have mattered what they thought. There was proof and he admitted it. If you had feared being troubled by people here... I could have pulled strings and had your trip paid for to York as a victim who could be punished. It wouldn't have been easy, but I would do what I could. You know that."