Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Come Face the Music
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah had walked slow, like a man to his execution. He didn't want to do what he was about to do. It made his heart  heavy and his soul feel weak. He took a deep breath before be knocked on the door that was so familiar and welcoming to him usually. But no matter how much he wanted to deny and ignore it, he couldn't. Justice must prevail. 

"Ben?" He called out as he knocked firmly.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

The family was at dinner. Simon was out. It was Rose who opened the door.
"Elijah, do come in." she said, opening the door further and exposing the family around the table.
Ben looked up. "Elijah! Just in time for dinner. Rose, fetch him a plate, will you."
The girl was already approaching the cupboard and William, Anne and Alice moved a little on the bench to make room for Elijah.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah rubbed his hands nervously together, the anxiety clear on his face.

"A-actually.. B-ben? I need you to step out with me? We need..um.. to talk."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben frowned and instantly got up. "What is it?" He knew what it was. Simon had been arrested for some crime at last. "It's Simon isn't it?" he asked, with nervous voice, as he followed Elijah out.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah frowned more as he walked out with him and closed the door. "I am really sorry but... I have to take you in to the station, Ben. Don't make this harder than it had to be. I am just going my job." He felt terrible, it made it painful to breathe.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

[Content warning: from here on reference to domestic violence and possibly child abuse]

Ben looked at him confused. For a moment, he thought Elijah meant Simon was at the station. But then he realized that was not what Elijah was saying. "Take me in for what?" He frowned at the young man, trying to read his face. Elijah seemed unnaturally nervous.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah didn't want to look him in the eye. He rest a hand on his shoulder to lead him away. "Simon... someone came in to put a report on some abuse. You've been too hard on him. I've seen marks the myself. I can't just ignore it."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben didn't let Elijah lead him away. Instead, he leaned back against the wall, using his weight to keep him there, while he looked at Elijah in disbelief. "Simon?..." He scoffed. "Don't be ridiculous, Elijah. He had it comin' after what he did."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked at him, surprised he'd be fighting him. "Come to the station and explain your side to this. Though I'm curious what he could have done to make you do that to him. Those were some pretty clear marks. I never thought you'd hurt your kids so, even Simon."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben looked at Elijah sharply. He felt betrayed. "I've already told ye what he did. Want me to put that in a formal statement, Elijah? Wanna lock us both up?" His eyes narrowed. "Go catch real criminals."