Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Red, the colour of my wine [Harbor, Beach, and Sea]
Jacob Feldmann
Jacob looked at her suspiciously. "People don't like to hear the truth. I'd rather be careful..."
Lady

51 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/her
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...php?tid=48
Height: 5’3”
Alias: Dropbear

She raised her brows at him. "Do I seem like a normally person Jacob? Do you see a lady when you look at? As I talk to you? No. I have always hated the expectations upon me, and while yes, I mostly follow them it's not always out of choice but needing to survive in my family. So try me. Tell me of how you are changing this world we find ourselves stuck in."
Jacob Feldmann
Jacob looked at her and then smiled. "Revolution is the only way."
Lady

51 Posts
3 Threads

"Revolution?" She asked not sure what to make of that.
Jacob Feldmann
"The proletariat must take control!" he preached. "And then we must institute a strong government, that ensures all are equal and wealth is evenly distributed."
Lady

51 Posts
3 Threads

Alex stared at him. “That idiotic and foolish” she replied with a shake of her head.
Jacob Feldmann
Jacob had expected the girl to fall at his feet and tell him how fantastic he was. "Wh-what?"
Lady

51 Posts
3 Threads

Alex took a sip of tea working out what to say. Best approach she decided was if she was trying to convince her father of something. In other words, the facts.

“You get the workers to fight against the rich yes? So what happens when the rich pay others to do the fighting? Your side is now a bunch of fishermen with limited supplies and weapons fighting against a small army of men with better supplies” she started, watching him as she spoke. “The fisherman die and the rich keep on living their lives as they weren’t the ones fighting. Now you have communities of women and children without their fathers and older brothers there to look after them. So the poor lifestyles you are fighting to stop will only get worse.”

She stood and moved to the books once more running her fingers over them. “The victors of violence write the stories” she looked back at him. “You really want to make a difference? The you need people with money and power to help you. A fight will only make it worse” she said with a darker tone looking back at the books. “Let me guess, the rumours of the social gatherings are for this yes? I’ll tell you, half those men are there for the free drinks, the other half will cheer but at the end of the day they won’t put it first if it means losing their families.”
Jacob Feldmann
Jacob stared at her with open mouth and a disturbed frown. He spent his time among young men like himself and among poor people with little education, who were easily convinced by the promise of a better life. He wasn't used to having his grand theory - or rather, his adulteration of ideas taken from men smarter than him - questioned. "But..." He scoffed and sat back and shook his head. "We wouldn't start a revolution with the little manpower - and womanpower - we have now, of course." he said, as if she had misunderstood his entire plan. "We're making the proletariat aware of their oppressed state and alienation and we may start a riot here and there, to call attention to our case and apply pressure. Only when the proletariat stands up together will we win. Otherwise it would be foolishness." He had totally considered that before she mentioned that. She had misunderstood.
Lady

51 Posts
3 Threads

Alexander moved and knelt by his side. "So instead of making one town worse you would do so to all the towns instead?" She said softly, placing a hand on his. "Don't you see it? More towns, more rich people and so more brought supplies. And like I said, most people will do nothing if it endangers their families. You will be left alone with a small number of people and you will probably die and the rich people you are fighting against will not care."