Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Work day [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

Ben put a hand on Anne's head lovingly, "I knew she would. She's a good lass." And Anne blushed. "And how are you?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah nodded and smiled. "She is a great help. I am grateful she let me hire her for an occasional clean." He shrugged. "I am quite alright."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Anne still blushed but seemed pleased. "Good," said Ben. "We were just listening to Alice reading to us, if you care to stay." He knew catholics barely read Scripture, which was a horrifying thought to him.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah didn't care to stay but he knew better. It was important to them and he didn't want to disrespect. He nodded and relaxed a little.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Alice continued reading. It was one of the letters of Paul. Ben listened attentively. For many years now, faith had been a defining feature in his life, ever since he had heard that preacher speak in Robin Hood's Bay when the children were small. The losses and struggles of life had made him question it at times, had even made him wrestle with God, but always he came back to it. It gave him some sense that there was more than this mundane struggle and its sorrows and evils. Will was listening with closed eyes, frowning. Anne picked up a needlework to keep her hands busy while listening. Bram had momentarily sat up straight in Ben's lap, but quickly dozed off, his head resting on his father's shoulder.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah kept his mouth firmly shut as he listened and sat with the family. He smiled slightly as he watched young Bram sleep and then to Alice to try to focus on the reading.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

At some point the clock chimed and Alic stopped reading. Anne put down her work and Ben got up and put a sleeping Bram in the bed in the corner of the room. It was early, but the family slept and rose early. The girls wished Elijah good night and retreated to the other room. Ben turned to Elijah. "I'll walk you out, Elijah."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah waved to the girls and wished them a good night. He nodded to Ben and walked out with him. "Thank you."