Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Excuse me? [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

629 Posts
22 Threads

Height: 5'1''

Anne had been gutting fish at the harbour with her sister and the other women, and her apron was still dirty and somewhat smelly. Fish intestines didn't smell of flowers. The work wasn't quite done, but she had suddenly gotten cramps and was now rushing home to find a rag. However, she stopped in the street when she spotted something shiny and picked it up. It was a golden hair pin and for a moment, Anne tried to estimate its value. But she wouldn't take something that wasn't hers. She looked around. Most people were working people like herself, but a little further down the road, she spotted a well dressed young girl, with beautiful blonde hair. Anne rushed after her.
"Excuse me, Miss!" she called out. Her voice wasn't very loud. Although her home was always busy, Anne didn't talk much and was used, and even comfortable, being ignored.

20 Posts
0 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'0"

The haughty young thing turned around at being addressed by someone she was better than. "Pardon me?" She asked in a scoffing laughter... "What do YOU want, you gutter mermaid? Oh, where did you get that?!" She snatched at her hair pin, "I bet you stole it, didn't you?"

629 Posts
22 Threads

Anne turned bright red, as if she had done something wrong. "I.... Then I wouldn't give it back to ye, would I, Miss?"

20 Posts
0 Threads

"Ive seen people act stranger." She sniffed and lifted her chin, "Why did you bring it back anyways? I figured you would have run off and tried to get a shilling out of it." Assuming she got it back, she would tuck it into her hair where it had been.

629 Posts
22 Threads

Anne had indeed let her snatch it. "I didn't steal it, Miss!" Anne repeated, quite upset.

20 Posts
0 Threads

"Then who did? Hmm? Somebody did for you to have it in your possession, little bird." She put it back in her hair securely and then sniffed, "Oh do not start blubbering now. If you didn't steal it, you did give it back. There is that bit of good news, right?"

629 Posts
22 Threads

"It was on the ground, Miss!" Anne insisted. "Ye must have dropped it. I didn't do owt to it but bring it back!"

20 Posts
0 Threads

"You don't have to blather on about it, come on." She gave a groan and then awkwardly patted the girl on the arm... before making a face and rubbing imaginary dirt off of her fingers. "If you didn't steal it, fine, here." She slapped a handful of pennies into the girl's hand.

629 Posts
22 Threads

Anne looked down at the pennies, and then at the girl, surprised. "Thank you, miss. What's that for?"

20 Posts
0 Threads

"Returning my barrette," she said with that look of 'duh' on her face. She wasn't all bad, a bit snobby, but not horrid.