Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Who Goes There?
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

It was late, but not so late that most were fast asleep in bed. He knew Hurley would still be up. He always was up it seemed but Darius didn't try to test it by coming too late though he had allowed Hurley to call upon him at any hour. It wasn't a matter of restlessness or unattainable sleep. It was because he didn't wish to upset his only friend. 

So he had his hands deep in his pockets as he headed to the house towards the back entrance to cause as little notice to his presence as possible. He was about to toss a stone towards Hurleys window when a figure slinked out the back. It was not someone he recognized and the man was dressed too poor to even be a servant. He immediately wondered if it was a burglar and stepped back, fearing he'd get violent. Darius was not much of a fighter, and didn't want to get into a brawl with a man even if he looked no bigger than himself.

"Who are you? What was your business there ??" He wanted to shout but if the man had some strange reason it would have been embarrassing that Hurley wouldn't let him forget.
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

Simon was nineteen years of age, but looked like a man, for the hard labour had made him strong. He wore the simple clothes that immediately marked him out as a fisherman: The trousers of sturdy material, the leather boots, the knitted sweater, the typical hat that fishermen in this area wore. Hurley liked to mock it. Simon wasn't bothered. Hurley looked ridiculous without hat. The talking boar he was. The young man had been lost in his own little world and had not noticed the other man approaching until he spoke up and Simon jumped a little. "I.. was doin' some work for Mr. Hurley, ser..." he replied. Technically it wasn't a lie.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius looked even more suspicious and lowered his brow. "You look like a fisherman. What could Hurley want with you?" He walked closer and frowned confused at his clothes. He looked dirty, it was strange. He wasn't bad in the face though. "If you lie to me, I will find out from him. I was just going in to see him."
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

Simon looked the older man straight in the eye disrespectfully. After putting up with Hurley's shit just now, he didn't have patience for another gentleman's sense of entitlement. "Then why don't you ask him?"
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius frowned, he wasn't a confrontational type. "How will I know you won't run away? You might have robbed him. Then he will be angry with me for having not kept you to be punished! I don't even know who you are." He folded his arms as he wasn't exactly sure what he should do. "Who are you?"
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

This guy wasn't the intimidating sort, and so Simon put his hands in his pockets. "Some fisherman, ser." he said, and he started walking, hoping the young man would just go in and find Hurley fine. Hurley... would he tell Hurley that Simon had given him attitude? Simon was suddenly unsure about himself.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius frowned at his answer. He looked clearly uncertain between stopping him and heading inside. He started to follow him. "I can't identify you like that! What's your name." He slowly walked closer.
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

"James Kelly." Simon said, turning. What a twit.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius was now more uncertain if he trusted him. He stared at him hard to recognize his face. "I will tell Hurley ,if he doesn't know you. I will make sure you don't get invited in again.. if you even were!" He turned towards the house to go.
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

Simon frowned. "That doesn't even make sense!" But then he realized that he wasn't helping himself. He started walking again.