Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Leaving the Nest [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

"She is part of it, and so is our other sister. But not a big part," she amended. "Just a tiny part. I don't know, I just don't fit into mother's mold, do I? I never have. I would rather be self made like papa. I don't like spoiled people, they are rotten." She giggled, "Especially sister number one."
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Darius smiled casually. "Ah, we can not all follow the path of our parents.. " he pouted teasingly. "But I am very spoiled, sister. Do you hate me?" He pouted trying to give her large puppy eyes.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"You are not spoiled," she said, wagging her finger, "If anyone is spoiled out of my brothers, it's our eldest. Now HE is spoiled and entitled. You don't act rotten either, he can sometimes." But at least she had all of her brothers in her pocket when it came to being doted upon, which is what made their sisters, specifically the eldest, jealous.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius smiled. "But I am spoiled. I don't think I'd survive a day on my own! I rely upon mother and father and do now know what I would do if they ever did not continue to care for me." Or if something happened to them and he was at the mercy of his siblings, though he truly believed they all liked him enough to a point.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"You could try. Why don't you do what I am doing and see where it takes you?" She asked in earnest. "Perhaps if you give it a try, you might surprise yourself yet. I would like to see you happy whether you are spoiled or not. You're not as spoiled as some of our siblings." And Pearl seemed like the least spoiled even as she was as spoiled as he.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

"Do what you are doing? What do you mean? Leave home and try my hand to find some payable skill? I like to paint but no one cares to pay me for it." He sighed looking discouraged. "I don't have your skill, sister. I will find myself penniless on the street in weeks I am sure."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"You are far more talented than you give yourself credit for!" she cried, angry that he doubted himself so. "And what talent do I have? The only thing I seem to be good at outside of academics is cooking and none of you have gotten to try unless cook gave you some of the fried chicken I made."
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius pouted and looked towards his sister with huge eyes. "You cooked? And didn't share with your favorite brother?" He put a hand to his face sadly. "I would have liked some.. and you are not giving yourself enough credit. You're smart and can do so much." The man slipped his arms around her. "Can I please try some of your cooking before you move out?" He looked at her with large hopeful eyes.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"We can go to the kitchen and hide there if you want. It will keep our sisters away and mother too." She laughed and then tugged at his hand, "I am leaving in the morning so today is your best bet. That and you can come visit me any time you would like." She hugged him and then tugged him along to the kitchen where she proceeded to make a pot of stew without help from the cook, with ingredients already paid for since she had been going on lots of picnics. She was using scraps of meat trimmed from the beef wellington she made, and she made fluffy dumplings. Soon enough, she was serving him a bowl of pure love.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius nodded and nearly giggled as they were being sneaky. He kept close to her and made sure no one saw them. When he arrived in the kitchen, he took a chair to sit and watch her picking up how she cooked with a very content smile.