Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] A rather close encounter [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose entered and looked around. She felt entirely out of place as Pearl's guest, but she figured that the only way not to embarrass herself further was to roll with it. "Yes please..." she responded to the offer. "Erm... This looks like a pleasant home..." Bit empty. She had a maid. So at least she did not live all alone.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

"It will be when I am done with it," she said dryly to the other girl. It seemed there was a universal language when it came to the word, "Um." Even still, Pearl remained cheerful and handed a pastry over. She then moved to the table that was laden with ingredients, "I am just learning how to cook... My father's cook said I am a natural." The pastry was very delicious and Pearl should consider opening a bakery or something.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"Thank you." Rose said. She took a bite. "Oh!" she said, suddenly more lively. "I can help ye learn to cook." For it would give her something to do and give them something to talk about.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"Ooh, yes... And I can... send you with pay in case somebody asks. I know how people think it is strange when classes intermingle. But really, I don't care for classes when there are all kinds of people who inspire." She picked up the mixing bowl she had been cutting apples into and threw in other ingredients. "I would very much like to make scones next. With chocolate. I have a young man I like to feed and he likes my cooking."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"Oh..." Was it wrong to work for money on a Sunday. She sometimes worked for Mr. Meijer on Sundays but she never received her salary that day, so it didn't feel that way. "Oh, who is he?" She started preparing the mix.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"Oh, just someone who I aspire to be more like. He is a free spirit, likes to wander." He was playing her for a fool without her knowing about it. She was already half in love with the bloke without having meant to be. "What about you? Do you like have a beau? You're very pretty, you know. I could see you in a lovely shade of blue."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose blushed. Most people described her as plain. It didn't matter. Rose intended never to love a man again. She might marry eventually. But it would be a mutually sensible bond, rather than some crazy fling. Claude made a good candidate. Claude was like a brother. Claude was kind. Claude would never betray her. Claude would never fuck her, but she didn't know that. "Oh, I don't have time for men." She avoided the answer. "I work as a maid most of the time and then there's me old father to look after." She nodded to convince herself. "What's your gentleman's name?"
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"Hes not MY gentleman, just one I admire. Mr. McBride from the beautiful Isle of Ireland. Handsome as sin he is." Not that she was the only one to hold such admiration for him... Pearl liked him a lot, she wished he would kiss her already. "I don't plan on marrying anyone, myself, so I understand."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose looked at her surprised. "Not even this Mr. McBride?"
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"Not even him. I might like him a bit but..." Her face flushed and she cleared her throat, "I was kidnapped by a man and can't look at them the same since."