Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Let Me Give You Some Advice [Doctors, Constabulary, and Court]
Philanthropist

60 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: The Right Honourable Lord

How was anyone supposed to respect the police force if constables insisted on people using their Christian names as though they had been friends for years? But Arthur maintained a polite smile and nodded.

"Of course," he answered, when the sergeant described his team. Incapable dimwits and cowardly pushovers was the description the baron would choose, but it was too early in their acquaintance to make suggestions.

Arthur leaned on his cane with both hands and stared at the floor as he considered his words. "It's a project intended to achieve two desirable outcomes at the same time. You see? Over the years this town has seen a rise in crime and drunkenness and all kinds of impropriety. This is bad enough as it is, but these people also neglect their children, or worse, encourage them to beg or steal." He looked up. "I needn't tell you what those children will grow up to be. They'll be tomorrow's drunks, thiefs and worse.

"And it's not just these poor innocent children who are suffering. Ordinary hardworking people, business owners, worry about the state of the town and what it will do with the tourism, and their businesses. There's far too many ragged children in the streets these days. And too many reports of pickpockets, people being mugged, violence, prostitution. I'm sorry to say the police has been rather ineffective. Have you come across the name Longbottom, by any chance?" That question was pretty much rhetorical, but it couldn't hurt to rub it in and get his point across.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let Me Give You Some Advice - by Arthur McPadraic - 09-29-2022, 02:05 PM