Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Open] Articles

188 Posts
3 Threads

[Content warning: Reference to child neglect and forced adoptions]

Quote:THE RT HON THE LORD MCPADRAIC (TO RUN FOR MP) ANNOUNCES PHILANTROPIC PROJECT

The Rt Hon the Lord Arthur McPadraic, a staunch Tory who will run for Whitby’s MP in the general election this year, is widely known for his philanthropic nature and strong commitment to the constituency’s welfare. In the past he has donated generously to various societies and projects aimed at improving dwellings for the poor, schools, and the town’s general appearance. Last Friday, he announced that he has set up his own organisation to help Whitby’s street urchins.

The Rt Hon the Lord McPadraic: “This country is built on Christian values such as order, hard work and self-improvement. It is the duty of every British citizen to live by them. Yet some people neglect to teach their children respect for the law and discipline, and instead of sending them to school, they let their children roam the streets, which pose significant dangers to such young and malleable minds.” That the baron, who will be running for MP during the next election, cares deeply about children is clear from his own large family. But his sense of duty and responsibility is too great to stop at his own family. “It pains me to see those children on the streets. Good and innocent souls, whose neglectful parents and harsh conditions lead them to drinking, crime and worse. We need to put an end to this!”

It is not only the children themselves who suffer from this situation. Crime is on the rise in town and the children pose an unpleasant sight to visitors. With a constable who seems either reluctant or inapt to deal with the town’s problems, and with the development of more and more competing seaside resorts, it is only a matter of time before tourists will choose other destinations. The Rt Hon the Lord McPadraic: “This problem also hurts the hard-working, deserving people of Whitby. With the closing of the alum industry and the ship yards over the past few decades, so many people are now directly or indirectly dependent on tourism. They will lose everything if nothing happens now. I have a vision for this town. We can make Whitby grand again. That’s also why I have decided to run for MP. But I digress.”

The baron has successfully lobbied locally for a broader application and more rigid enforcement of the Prevention of Cruelty to, and Protection of, Children Act of 1889, which allows local authorities to remove ill-treated or neglected children from their parents’ custody. The Rt Hon Lord McPadraic’s organisation, the McPadraic Society for the Removal of Children from Neglectful Parents and Providing Shelter, Considerably Improving Them, and Sending Them to New Homes Abroad, will report disorderly street children to the local authorities so they can be removed from their parents' care, and will provide temporary shelter for them, while attending to their resocialization. Once the children have been improved, they will be sent to loving families overseas. “It’s the perfect solution,” The Rt Hon the Lord McPadraic, who will run in the coming election, explains. “Our orphanages and work houses are overcrowded, but in the United States, Canada, and Australia, there is still new land being cultivated. A farm can never have enough hands. Besides finding new, caring parents, these children will have the opportunity to learn valuable discipline and skills to become responsible, industrious and self-reliant adults.”

The generous baron has funded this ambitious project almost entirely with private means. “It is the least I could do for the town I care so deeply about.” The Rt. Hon. the Lord McPadraic will be running for MP during the general election this year.

Messages In This Thread
Articles - by Jack - 03-01-2020, 10:32 AM
RE: Articles - by Gareth Scott - 03-01-2020, 11:02 AM
RE: Articles - by Gareth Scott - 03-30-2020, 08:31 PM
RE: Articles - by Gareth Scott - 06-28-2020, 01:11 PM
RE: Articles - by Gareth Scott - 12-18-2022, 03:14 PM
RE: Articles - by Roderick Carrington - 12-18-2022, 09:11 PM
RE: Articles - by Hortencia Coggins - 02-27-2023, 12:26 AM