Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Time for an Evaluation [Harbor, Beach, and Sea]
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

"Aye, I know you're not, with ye feeding those bairns." He put his pipe to his mouth and remained quiet as he inhaled the smoke.

The boy next to him, meanwhile, had shrunk his shoulders, pressed his lips together and looked down at his hands. He plucked at a little piece of skin by the side of his nail, until it came off and it bled a little. He put his finger in his mouth to stop the bleeding.

"Anne, she's a good lass mostly." Ben finally said. "And she means well. She just doesn't always think things through. I'll send her and Bram in tomorrow mornin' to apologize. She shouldn't 'ave lied to ye, even if ye were a tyrant. Though I'm glad yer not. Bram might even learn a thing or two while 'e's there." Ben didn't think it would benefit him, but it wouldn't harm him either, if he was forced to waste his time in school anyway.

308 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 6'6"

"Someone has to do it..." He gave a modest shrug. When the man talked about sending the children to apologize, he would have waved his hand and said that it was nothing, but he knew the man had to discipline his own children the way he saw fit. It wasn't any of his business to interfere with that. He merely nodded instead, took a few more puffs of his pipe, and then he said, "Seems like I am in for a lot of trouble... having children." He gave a chuckle, obviously meaning his words as a joke... albeit a half joke.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"They're a blessin'." Ben said, reaching out and ruffling the hair of the boy next to him. "I don't know where I'd be without Will here. 'E's a good lad." The boy looked up shyly, but glowed. Ben turned back to Uriel. "Ye just gotta teach 'em right from wrong, 's all. It's the kids whose parents are too busy to teach 'em, or don't care, or don't know t' difference themselves, that give the trouble. Like Ed."

Ben was definitely the one to talk.

308 Posts
8 Threads

"Is it obvious I am nervous for my child?" He gave a chuckle and turned the pipe over, smacking the ash out of the object. "I suppose you are right. I should get back home to my lady and coddle her some. It was good to speak with you again. I'll be sure to find something to keep your son and Ed apart during class." He stood and pocketed the pipe when he was sure it was clear of embers, hooked his thumbs into his suspenders, and waited for the older man to speak.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben tapped his hat. "Much appreciated," he said. "You and your wife should come for Sunday dinner sometime."

308 Posts
8 Threads

He paused and bit his lip. Wife... He needed to remedy that sooner than later. "We shall have to do that," he said with the urge to giggle a humorless giggle. Wife.