By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Allow Me To Introduce Myself [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Allow Me To Introduce Myself [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=704)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Allow Me To Introduce Myself [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Francis Tully - 04-17-2022

He'd had a plan, it was insane and ridiculous, and the perfect cure for a boring season. He'd had troubles with Malachi so he had been nervous running into the man, but he had definitely slipped in when he was certain he was busy. 

So, he decided to go after bigger, dumber fish. That's what brought him to the Carrington estate. He knew there were several children and the family had a scandal they wanted forgotten. He just bad to wait for the right moment. He had on some clothes he'd received from the church out of pity,  no shoes,  his hair was tussled just so. The stage was set.

It was when one of the sons was getting ready to leave, that he'd made himself known at the gate. He walked uneasy and holding his head as he held out his hand. "Monsieur!" He called out, recalling a word or two from his lesson with Chéri.  "Pardon..ah..wait. English! Please, you must help me. I'm a prince. I know i.I.. " He looked down and gestured to his clothes. "Don't look it, but I can explain everything!" 

He wouldn't be surprised if the guy just had his driver barrel past him, maybe even aim for him.  But there were other sons and other households he could try before he'd call it a failure.

RE: Allow Me To Introduce Myself - Roderick Carrington - 04-19-2022

[[CW: dripping with classism and some death obsession.]]

Roderick had been taught well and proper about how to deal with the poors: not at all. Ignore them. Don’t make eye contact. Let the professors procure them once they had outlived their purpose in life.

His gaze flicked over when he heard French, but then saw the ruffian it was attached to and flicked right back to the carriage he was stepping into. He knew what happened to Carringtons who consorted with the poors – Roderick was not falling for this.

He couldn’t stop a morbid little glance over once he was safely within the cart’s confines, though. A prince? A French prince, dressed so? The hygiene fit, perhaps, but his brother Thomas could come up with better pranks than that.

The driver cast a cautious look toward Francis, then lifted his reins.

“Step up!”

Roderick imagined Marie Antoinette’s execution. Pictured blood. Cringed. Thought of his brother Magnus all cleaned up instead.

… He really needed to stop thinking about that.

RE: Allow Me To Introduce Myself - Francis Tully - 04-20-2022

He was going to keep going! Francis frowned in determination and immediately leapt to the side of the carriage, clinging to the door. It was a good thing it was just starting up. While he wasn't strong, he was stronger than he looked. And he could hold on and ignore the vibration of the carriage if the snobby brat before him didn't try to push him down. 

"Please, sir. I've been kidnapped...and lost my memory until recently. I'm from the kingdom of Alendaryn. I can make you rich beyond your wildest dreams!" He said struggling to keep holding on as he looked at him.  Hed spent time thinking up this fun lie, he didnt want it to go to waste.

Luckily, his desperation to hold on could make it seem like he was serious and desperate for the man to listen  to him.

RE: Allow Me To Introduce Myself - Roderick Carrington - 04-21-2022

Autopsies. Darius’ art. Olivia’s undergarments. Magnus’ friends. There were few things more terrifying in the world, but this beggar had just found a new one: a poor on the door!

Roderick scrambled back with a scream. He remained pressed against the opposite door, wide-eyed in terror, as the beggar accosted his case.

Terror gripped his throat. Instead of answering, Roderick gaped and shook his head.

RE: Allow Me To Introduce Myself - Francis Tully - 04-21-2022

The little spoiled man was terrified and he wanted to laugh in his face. He was still giving it a try. He raised a hand as the other gripped the door harder. "W-wait. I can prove it! Please... calm down. Stop screaming.. and let me talk to you.."

He tried to look unassuming, but he was also worried any moment the idiot driver would notice the ruckus and stop to pull him away. Francis wracked his brain for something a rich person would do. He took a deep breath and steadied himself. "I know.. I'm filthy and I've had my expensive clothes taken. If you don't help me.. I will eventually find someone who will.. and you will look like a fool..' He warned. "They will parade all the honor and good stuff I gave them. While you eventually end up on the street..."

RE: Allow Me To Introduce Myself - Roderick Carrington - 04-22-2022

Were there any words less calming in the world than “calm down”? Roderick screamed harder, grasping his chest and gasping between shorter but equally frantic screams.

The driver glanced back, but then quickly forward again. One of those triplets had always been a tad neurotic, though he wasn’t sure what to make of the beggar clinging to the door. He urged the horse faster, just in case that would, ahem, ‘solve’ it all.

RE: Allow Me To Introduce Myself - Francis Tully - 04-23-2022

Francis stared at the screaming brat and frowned. He yelped though as the carriage sped up. He clung to the door barely sparing a glance at the driver then back.

He tried to stretch out a hand. "H-help me in... or.. you're a murderer..." he said with a sharp frown as he leaned into the window frame as much as he could, wondering if he could climb in.

RE: Allow Me To Introduce Myself - Roderick Carrington - 04-24-2022

Roderick had reached the hyperventilating state of screaming, voice already hoarse.

A murderer? Like Magnus?

How dare he speak ill of Magnus. His breathing started to slow, slow, steady, slow … and then he launched toward the door. He slammed his hands on the window, and then flung it open.

RE: Allow Me To Introduce Myself - Francis Tully - 04-24-2022

Francis leaned back as the window was suddenly opened. He then heaved his body into the carriage, crashing into the rich man and sighed in relief. "Ah ha. Thank you." He suddenly hugged the man tightly and let go immediately. "I knew you weren't. Sure did.. Now as I was saying.. I need your help. I know I look terrible, but if I was wearing my finery and all cleaned up, you would see .. I'm a prince." He took a deep breath, as the ride had been a little scary. He was certain the driver had wanted to kill him.

"I am... Prince.. Elltharyn. You.. are?" He said, pretending he had no clue who he was as he slowly stretched out a hand in the small space.

RE: Allow Me To Introduce Myself - Roderick Carrington - 04-24-2022

Roderick struggled like a wild animal that had no intention of being held.

He did not close the carriage door, nor did he accept the ‘prince’s hand. Instead, he shoved him toward it with a furious look.

… But he wasn’t all that strong.