By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] Days like this [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] Days like this [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=262)

Pages: 1 2 3

Days like this [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Anthony Rowe - 05-14-2020

Anthony was still kind of reeling from the night, and everything that happened during it. The initial shock of it all had worn off rather quickly, leaving him just to ponder why all the bad and weird things happen to him and mostly only him. He eventually gave up on thinking about it and brushed it off as just bad luck or some cruel trick of the universe. It didn't really matter, now, did it?

He was walking on the streets, like he liked to do. It was made a bit more difficult by the fact that the pain in his leg was flaring up again (which was, actually, the sole reason for his little walk — trying to 'walk off' the pain), but it was nothing that he couldn't manage by himself.

That is, until it finally got the best of him and he just tripped and fell onto the ground.

RE: Days like this - Gabriel Richards - 05-14-2020

Gabriel had been rather disturbed about what had happened last night. He didn't care that the door to the sacristy was damaged. He had had it fixed first thing in the morning. But he felt guilty over having been so eager to get home that he hadn't even checked whether there were people in the church. They could have frozen to death.

He had done his private mass and a house blessing and now he was out for a walk to calm his mind, when he noticed one of the men involved in the issue last night fall. Gabriel rushed over and crouched down, not caring that the ground stained his cassock.

RE: Days like this - Anthony Rowe - 05-14-2020

Anthony broke the fall with his hands, but it was still inconvenient and still hurt like hell. Before he could catch his breath and get up, he noticed that someone had rushed over and crouched down near him. He looked up at whoever it could be. It took a moment for him to recognize the man, and he didn't exactly know what to feel when he finally did.

"...Hey," he greeted very awkwardly, still down on the ground. Because he was just totally unsure of what else to do, here.

Awesome! Gabriel had a chance to make it up! "Are you hurt?"

"What? Oh, nah, I'm fine. Don't worry," he said. Anthony, suddenly hyperaware of his current position, finally got up from the ground.

He had rejoiced too early.

Gabriel got up as well. "Alright... Good..." For a moment he seemed to look for words. "I am sorry for locking you in last night. I hope I didn't inconvenience you and your injuries are not to bad."

Anthony winced as he actually stood up. Ow. "It's fine," he said, absent-mindedly running his fingers through his hair. "it's...not that bad, really. Nothing happened, everyone's fine, everything's fine."

Gabriel frowned. "Doesn't look like you're alright..."

"'s nothing to worry about," Anthony said, nervously resting his hand on the back of his neck. "I've had worse, really, this is nothing."

"If you're sure..." Gabriel said with a frown. He wondered what sort of dangerous job this man did, if he was used to injuries. "Let me at least give you money for the doctor. It's my fault after all." He dug into his pocket and found some money which he held out to the other man.