By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] The Wedding [Churches, Abbey, and Schools] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] The Wedding [Churches, Abbey, and Schools] (/showthread.php?tid=241)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: The Wedding - Elijah Crane - 06-06-2020

Elijah took his hand and shook it. He wasn't trying to drag things out, he just didn't wish to rush things too fast for her. "I hope to hear from you both soon and hope things settle comfortably soon. Please don't hesitate to call on us for any reason."

RE: The Wedding - Tobias Appleton - 06-06-2020

"Thank you." Tobias said. "We will be in touch. You're always welcome to visit." And with that, he turned and climbed on to the cart. Best get this over with.

The carriage rolled away. Alice didn't look back. Then it turned a corner and was out of sight.

Anne sniffed.

Elijah waved until they were out of sight. He frowned and let his arm lifelessly fall to his side. His head turned towards the others and he attempted a halfhearted smile. "We will visit them soon. Be strong, you'll see her again soon. I promise. Maybe the week after next?"

RE: The Wedding - Benjamin Ward - 06-06-2020

Anne looked at him, teary-eyed. Suddenly she turned and ran out of the yard. Bram followed her example and also ran away.

Ben sighed deep and put a hand on Elijah's shoulder. But he suddenly clung to it with full weight, as his legs gave way and he collapsed.

Elijah thought the heavy hand on his shoulder was the man about to speak as the children ran. He was turning to listen when the man collapsed. A choked gasp escaped and he dropped to his knees to check the man. "Ben!" He prayed the man was alright and looked around to see who he could send for a doctor.

RE: The Wedding - Benjamin Ward - 06-06-2020

Will rushed over to him, and Maggie put down her son and also rushed over.

"Father, are you alright?!"

Ben groaned and held his head. "I'm alright... I got dizzy's all..."

With their help, he led him to the house to lay down. "I'll get a doctor. You need to stay off your feet. It could be the stress, but it's best to make sure. Are you feeling anything else besides dizziness?" He looked at the man in worry.

RE: The Wedding - Benjamin Ward - 06-07-2020

Ben sat on the bed. John, Maggie's young boy, who had followed them in, crawled up on the bed and nestled beside his grandfather. "It's alright, Elijah. No need for a doctor..." Ben said weakly. He put his hand against his head and wrapped his free arm around John. "I didn't sleep all night, and things haven't been great in the past few weeks. I need rest, 's all."

"Let me make you some tea," Maggie offered. "Let's all have a cup of tea and calm down." And she set herself about.

RE: The Wedding - Elijah Crane - 06-07-2020

Elijah nodded and sighed. "I am sorry, I didn't know. I haven't been making this easy on you and I apologize. I should have helped you more, and I wish I had known. Perhaps I could have lighten the load some these last few days." He knew he had had his own personal issues recently, but it wasn't something that needed to be prioritized over the Wards. "I do hope you will take it easy right now. You are running yourself into the ground.'

He nodded thankfully to Maggie and looked over at Ben with a small frown.

RE: The Wedding - Benjamin Ward - 06-07-2020

"It's alright, Elijah. It isn't your fault. You've helped us a lot. It's just..." He shook his head. He dared not speak or his voice might betray emotion.

Will stepped closer and sat on the other side of Ben. "If ye need some rest, father, I can take Bram on the boat and we can do t' work."

Ben put an arm around him. "Aye, I know you could, son. But I'm alright. Ye needn't worry."