By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] Surprise! [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] Surprise! [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=219)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Surprise! - Elijah Crane - 02-10-2020

Elijah nodded and smiled. "I don't think you should change who you are as long as it doesn't hurt anyone."

RE: Surprise! - Anthony Rowe - 02-10-2020

"I would...like to think that the way I am doesn't hurt anyone," Anthony said. He hadn't thought very much about the effect he has on other people, but it didn't seem to be a problem, so he won't think about it.

He looked relieved as his home was in sight now. "I can't imagine you ever hurting anyone.." Elijah said softly.

Anthony smiled as he saw Elijah's home. He can't wait to get out of this cold. "I mean...I don't really like hurting people. And don't want to do it either," he shrugged. "so I don't think you'll ever have to actually imagine that." Probably. Most likely. Maybe.

Elijah paused for a moment as he said that. Not because of his words, but it did make him think of someone who he also never imagined hurting someone. He walked again but looked at him. "Unless your life is currently in danger, or someone else's... please.. never ever hurt someone. Just run away if you can. No matter what."

Anthony looked at the ground. To be fair, he hadn't actually hurt anyone in a pretty long time, but he still felt guilty. "...Okay," he said. It's not as if he ever really wants to hurt people—unless he's just really fucking pissed or drunk, but that's another case—but sometimes it's necessary. Regardless, he listened to Elijah—and tried to promise himself that he'll actually obey him, this time. Anthony sighed.

Elijah frowned and took his hand, he hurried quickly to pull him inside since they were close enough. Damn anyone who might have seen but it looked like most everyone had settled into their homes for the night for the most part. He hurried him inside and closed the door after Anthony was brought in. "I'm serious.. I .. "He looked nervous and bothered by it. 'The first person I knew to be .." he gestured between them. " ... That I could tell the truth about myself to.. He was someone I thought would never harm someone. He was rough around the edges.. He had a secret life and got drunk a few times. His life at home was a bit troubled. But I always thought of him as a sweet young man who'd never hurt a fly.. until I had to arrest him for murder and he.. well.. he's not with us anymore.' He frowned and looked up at him. "I'm sure he felt he had a reason to do it. But I'll never really know. I just.." he held his hands in his. "Please.. keep this promise. If you're in danger.. run if you can. If you are afraid, you can run. Never try to hurt someone if you can do anything else."

Anthony was surprised by Elijah basically dragging him in by his hand, but didn't say anything of it, mostly just pleased to be home. Most of that pleasure instantly disappeared, though, as Elijah spoke again. He was nervous about this all—he could definitely see himself playing the same part as that young man, and that scared him. And he was truly, genuinely scared about that. The best he could do to hide that fear was just pretending it wasn't there, gently squeezing Elijah's hands and nodding slowly. "Okay," he said. His voice was small and all he was feeling was probably incredibly obvious.

Elijah stared at him wide eyed and squeezed his hands. "Please promise. There is nothing wrong with running. If you need protection, I will do all I can to protect you.. I .. i can't though if you do something like that. And I don't want you to ever feel like you are in that position. Please.. please promise. "He hugged him tightly, hoping he would. Even if he couldn't keep that promise, if he said he would, it made Elijah feel more certain he would try with all of his being.

Anthony was a bit taken aback by the hug at first, but leaned in and hugged him back tightly as well after a moment. "I promise," Anthony said. He didn't know if he would keep that promise or not, but a large part of him wanted to. And he didn't even know why exactly, which was the worst part of it all. Maybe he just didn't want to die as well. Maybe it was something else. He didn't know. "really. I promise." He repeated, as if to finally confirm it.