By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Suffering the Slings and Arrows [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Suffering the Slings and Arrows [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations] (/showthread.php?tid=211)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: Suffering the Slings and Arrows - Rose Willaby - 02-08-2020

"Do you... find me too plain?" She asked hesitantly.

RE: Suffering the Slings and Arrows - Elijah Crane - 02-08-2020

Elijah tilted his head. "What? No. Of course not. Why are you asking?"

Rose cast her eyes down and shrugged. "Just... wondering." She was even more confused now.

Elijah tilted his head as that thought returned. "Rose? Do you.. like me?" He tried to sound curious but not too curious. As long as he was careful and it didn't sound annoyed or anything against her.

Rose looked up again. "I've always liked you, Elijah. I've always loved you. I was just thinking, if both of us were lonely..." She shrugged and blushed. "I'm so sorry. Have I offended you?"

Elijah's eyes widened and he didn't know what to say. "I .. no I'm not offended at all. I just don't understand why? I love you as my friend and like a sister. I.. don't understand how you could think of me more than that? I'm no one of any interest. And I'm not someone I'd ever consider to be.. husband material." He felt terrible really. He certainly didn't want to break her heart but he couldn't give her what she wanted.

Rose felt her stomach sink. "S-sorry. I just..." She blushed and dared not look at him. "I just thought if you were never going to get married to anyone else anyway, ye might as well take me."

Elijah frowned at her and shook his head. He put his hands on her shoulders to make sure she didn't try to turn away. "Rose, it isn't like that at all. I don't plan to ever marry. And it is no one's fault but my own. You deserve better than me, Rose. If I had married, I wouldn't think it settling to be with you. You don't meet enough men, so you shouldn't think that they are all like the sample you've had. You deserve so much better than some disfigured workaholic who would not be able to give you the love and attention you so deserve. I would think it a punishment to be with me."

"You know about my...." She looked shocked. But then she suddenly leaned in to hug him. All of this was inappropriate already anyway. "Don't ever speak of yourself like that, Elijah! You are not disfigured!"

Elijah frowned but was grateful of the hug and held her. "You're too kind, Rose. I really don't know why you are being this nice. You are acting like my scars don't exist and I'm some wonderful man. I wish I could see myself the way you do, but I don't. And there's more.. personal reasons I feel I can't make a woman happy in a relationship and I am sorry. If I could be the loving man you'd deserve I'd marry you, but I would fail you and you need someone who won't make you miserable.' He was so tempted to tell her the real reason, but she'd hate him and made sure others would too, followed by him having to leave town and hope to disappear from everyone's thoughts.