By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Suffering the Slings and Arrows [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Suffering the Slings and Arrows [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations] (/showthread.php?tid=211)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: Suffering the Slings and Arrows - Rose Willaby - 02-08-2020

"I can prepare you something. If we're like family, I'm not your guest and it would be my job, wouldn't it?" She got up and gave Elijah a light smile.

RE: Suffering the Slings and Arrows - Elijah Crane - 02-08-2020

Elijah chuckled softly. "Well you have a point, but it isn't a job. Never think you have work to do around me. You could just sit the entire time and I'd be happy. I enjoy your company, I am not interested in your capabilities." That might have sounded odd or even bad but he hoped she knew what he meant.

Rose frowned, not sure whether to feel happy or hurt. What was Elijah saying? "Well... let me prepare us som't small to eat," she said, and she fled to the kitchen.

Elijah nodded and smiled. "Thank you Rose, make whatever you feel like. I can help if you want, just ask." He let her go into the kitchen, thinking she must have understood what he meant and felt at ease.

Rose was in the kitchen preparing oatcakes. She was frowning and deep in thought. As a child, the world had been confusing sometimes, but she had figured that when she would grow up, she would understand it better. Now she knew that life only became more confusing as you grew up. And how she wished for some comfort in all of this. She looked back to the sitting room, and then put the oatcakes in the oven.

She stood in the doorway. "Can I fetch ye some more tea?"

Elijah looked over and nodded, since he clearly wasn't sleeping soon. "Certainly, I need a new teacup as I've washed mine." Being in his own home and just waiting for someone else to make food was odd. He had to force himself to relax though he wanted to just pace. "Are you sure you don't want some help?"

"Oh it's alright." Rose said. She went back into the kitchen and returned with a cup of tea, which she handed to him, and sat down beside him. She was vaguely aware again of the inappropriateness of the situation, but no one needed to know. "I put some oat cakes in the oven. There's some extra there, for you and your friend tomorrow morning."

"Oh? That's very considerate of you, thank you Rose. " He smiled as he accepted the tea and took a sip. He managed to not make a face, it was plain. He could drink it, and certainly didn't want her to think she did anything wrong. "You didn't want any more tea?" He noticed she hadn't refilled her own cup. "I'll have to cook for you some time since you're being so kind."

"Is anything wrong with it?" She quickly asked when she saw his face. "Oh goodness I forgot your tea and sugar." In her rush to get up, she bumped her knee into the table.

Elijah tried to stop her. "It's alright. Really.." He stood quickly when she bumped her knee. "Are you alright? You didn't hurt your knee did you?"