By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Suffering the Slings and Arrows [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Suffering the Slings and Arrows [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations] (/showthread.php?tid=211)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: Suffering the Slings and Arrows - Rose Willaby - 02-08-2020

Rose shook his head. "Even he couldn't quite explain it. I mean... I know there were reasons. But even then, it makes no sense." She frowned and watched the fire. "I suppose such a thing could never make sense, could it? But then, neither could his death." She believed in justice. And she knew Simon had done a terrible thing. And yet, she could not make sense of the fact that he had to die in such a way. Such an institutionalized, technical manner. A procedure. They hadn't even received a body to bury. Simon had been buried, unmarked, in prison ground. Annihilated entirely. And therefore remaining all the more present.

RE: Suffering the Slings and Arrows - Elijah Crane - 02-08-2020

"No, it doesn't make sense. I've thought so much on why and I'm no closer to an answer. I've wished nearly every day that I could have known what caused it and what could have been done to prevent it." He frowned and hung his head leaning forward.

Rose bit her lip, nodded and looked down. "I often think, if I hadn't stopped him t' first time he wanted to leave for York, he would have been fine..."

Elijah patted her hand, but only for a quick moment. "Don't blame yourself. You were trying to protect him, and we still don't know what would have happened. York is busy and can be dangerous. You were trying to look out for yourself. I don't think anyone would have ever even considered what happened to happen."

"'T wasn't him I was tryin' to protect," Rose muttered. She shook her head. "We'll never know. But I miss him." She felt the desire to lean into Elijah for a hug, but restrained herself.

Elijah considered if she did it because she just didn't want to lose him or didn't want Ben to have to go to the boats alone. He didn't ask, he didn't really want to know. Instead, he simply nodded and looked at her somberly. "Me too. He was flawed, certainly. But he wasn't a bad guy, and I think he could have eventually become someone he was happy with and lived a happy life had things turned out differently.

Rose nodded. She felt miserable now. Her family was still so broken. She still felt the pain of their losses, she felt alienated from her family, and she was miserable in her current position. And today had been awful and exhausting. Sometimes it all hit her at once. She quickly glanced at Elijah. "Thank you for being there for us, at least." She put a hand on his.

Elijah looked to her. "Thank you too. I am grateful you came by and I am sorry for what happened. I do hope whatever happens that Alice is happy. And I hope you find something that'll make you happy as well."

Rose cast her eyes down and carefully withdrew her hand. "Thanks... Shall I make you some more tea? Have you eaten?"

Rose seemed so sad and it hurt him that he didn't know what to do. He gestured towards the kitchen. "You don't have to do anything, I should be taking care of you since you're my guest. Do you want more tea or something to eat?" He smiled trying to cheer her up and patted her shoulder lightly. "And don't act so nervous around me, we are like family right?" Of course he was sure Ben was banning him from coming within a hundred feet of his house.