By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Suffering the Slings and Arrows [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Suffering the Slings and Arrows [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations] (/showthread.php?tid=211)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: Suffering the Slings and Arrows - Elijah Crane - 02-06-2020

Clearly, Elijah was very upset at seeing the man try not to visibly cry and was afraid when he got the shot. He nodded silently to the doctor and helped lift him up and took him to his own bed. Thankful that Rose cleaned up the glass for him. "Thank you doctor so much. He.. he should be fine when he wakes. If not I will bring him to you." he really hoped this never happened again, he'd never seen Anthony like that but he hadn't even known him a month.

RE: Suffering the Slings and Arrows - Anthony Rowe - 02-06-2020

Anthony was initially very tense when he got the shot, and let himself be carried back to the bed with relative ease. He was so afraid and scared and terrified at first, the voices of Elijah and the doctor eventually just becoming unintelligible background noise, like static. The more time passed by, the more Anthony relaxed, though, and it perhaps surprisingly didn't take a lot of time for Anthony to drift off in relative peace and quiet.

RE: Suffering the Slings and Arrows - Rose Willaby - 02-06-2020

Rose was relieved when the man calmed and fell asleep at last.
"Thank you doctor." she said. "That's alright." He turned to Elijah. "I'll send the bill through. Good night." And he left.
Rose turned to Elijah. "Are you alright?"

Elijah nodded as he saw him out. "Thank you again for coming so quick." He sighed and shook his head to Rose when they were alone and Anthony was fast asleep. He put a hand to his face. "Sorry Rose, that was just scary. I'd never seen him like that. I didn't know how to handle it at all. Thanks for thinking of the doctor, I would have tried to handle it on my own."

Rose felt pity for poor Elijah. She rushed over and gently led him to the sofa. "Let me make you some tea..." And she disappeared into the kitchen.

Elijah was still shaking and nodded. "Thank you, Rose. I'm sorry. T-to you and him. I feel useless.." He smiled weakly though there were tears in his eyes. "I guess I'm failing everyone lately.'

Rose came back in while she waited for the water to boil and when she noticed he was crying, she sat down beside him, and carefully placed her hand on his. "Please don't say that." She withdrew her hand, for she didn't want to do anything inappropriate. "I'm sorry I shouted at you earlier. I was selfish. You were trying to help us." She shook her head. "You're helping a lot of people in town."

Elijah hung his head and shook his head. "Thank you, really. I am sorry I yelled at all of you. Anthony's been someone I can talk to, he's been helping me a little but I didn't even know he had his own problems. " He sighed heavily. "I really shouldn't get into your person business, Rose. It's not like my presence has helped anyone in your family either."

"Elijah." Rose said, her voice somewhat stern. "Your presence in my family has done a lot of good. I was angry because... Well, because there is some truth in what you said. Father can be... too harsh, too rigid... You've always been the one we could go to. And think of all you've done for Alice and Anne when they were missing. It's just..." she shook her head and sought for words. "Well, he's father, and we love him, and it hurts when he gets hurt. But I really shouldn't have shouted at ye like that. I'm sorry."

Elijah shook his head. "You're fine, Rose. You want to protect him like the rest of your family and I stepped over the line. I was just angry. I feel bad that no one has asked Alice what she wanted and I am really bothered by her disappearing if she goes to the farm. I don't mean to distrust Tobias, he seems very nice. I just am afraid since he hadn't been known very long. I suppose I'm just being paranoid and I am sorry. I like trying to be there for you guys, but I feel like I'm fighting against the stream when every time I try to stand up for you guys, he gets angry at me and the kids just stay quiet and I feel like I'm just not helping. I really wish I could turn things around and help I just don't.. know what I'm doing."