By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Suffering the Slings and Arrows [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Suffering the Slings and Arrows [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations] (/showthread.php?tid=211)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: Suffering the Slings and Arrows - Elijah Crane - 02-05-2020

Miracles do happen. Elijah sighed in relief and guided them out. He glanced over to see Anthony had left. His stomach dropped as a sad frown came upon his face. He knew he was foolish to try to trust someone he barely knew and was now glad they never slept together. Glad wasn't the right word, he was miserable and didn't know how to handle this. He spoke quieter, "Thank you. I'll put this just down as a regular bar fight if you promise never to throw a mug at me again, alright?" The constable ignored Noah, let the two of them talk it out and her find out the truth.

"You two need a doctor? I can get one for you, if you like." He needed stitches for his cheek anyway. He looked outside when they stepped out and didn't see his occasional roommate around and hung his head a little. So much for patience and understanding. A constable's life didn't have time for relationships anyway, he told himself silently as he guided them towards the jail. He could cry later.

RE: Suffering the Slings and Arrows - Noah Longbottom - 02-05-2020

Noah walked slowly. His back hurt now as well, but he wouldn't see a doctor again. "I'm fine," he muttered. Had he just been arrested for defending his useless mother? Ugh. He hated his life.

RE: Suffering the Slings and Arrows - Anthony Rowe - 02-05-2020

Anthony was kind of mad at everyone involved in the situation, but as soon as he left he immediately started feeling bad about it. Was that a dick move? Should he have abandoned Elijah like that? Fuck. Maybe he should've stayed there just for the sole purpose of drinking until he is incapable of feeling anything at all.

After some very sad and depressing and guilt-filled stumbling and walking, he found himself back at Elijah's place—he had intended to go back to his own home, but Elijah's was closer and he didn't want to be out on the street for longer than he had been. The place was empty, thank god, and Anthony took this opportunity to sit down and, perhaps unintentionally, just sob and cry his lungs out for a pathetically long time. Fuck. He really is the worst person alive, huh? Leaving him alone like that. Shit. He felt as if he was trespassing or intruding just by being here. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

He was left alone for a long time, perhaps long enough for him to wonder if Elijah made it out alive or had to spend time wrestling the two into a jail cell? The reasoning was clear when he opened the door with a bandage on his cheek after seeing the doctor. He blinked and noticed Anthony. The tears in his eyes that were just on the edge fell down his cheeks. "A-anthony? You're.. here?"

He sniffed and walked over to him and hugged him tightly. He was emotionally and physically exhausted. He started to cry into his shoulder. "I was afraid.. you'd abandoned me! I-I know.. I told you.. to go home.. anytime. I didn't.. want you to see that. Bar fights always are such.. headaches." He still cried as he let out his feelings and frustration. "I was.. afraid.. you didn't..w-want to date a constable.. any more.. since you saw what.. my life was like."

The time alone did Anthony no good, and he just cried until he physically couldn't anymore, at which point he was just pathetically sobbing, absolutely convinced that he's scum and shouldn't even be here. Anthony stared like a deer in headlights as soon as he heard and saw the door opened. He nodded at the question, ready for any kind of judgement or anything Elijah had in store for him. But he wasn't ready for what would actually happen.

Anthony just listened in complete silence as Elijah spoke, wanting to hug him back but not sure if that was appropriate. "I'm sorry," he managed to say. "I—I shouldn't have done that and that was all my fault and—I'm such a fucking dick and moron and idiot and bastard—" his voice cracked on the last word and he just stopped speaking at that. While he was very glad that Elijah didn't seem to be mad at him, Anthony was very mad at himself, though.

Elijah shook his head. "You .. shouldn't have.. had to see that. I never want you to .. see me when I have nights like.. t-tonight." He hung his head but he looked up and frowned trying to gather his emotions though the tears still fell.

"W-we need to talk."

He sniffed and wiped at his eyes, being careful of his bandage. He was clearly worried as he struggled with the words for a moment. He took his hand in his and looked up. "D-don't.. speak like that again. I know.. I can't.. control you, but.. no matter how bad someone is.. I never ever.. wish death on anyone. I've had too much death in my life.. I saw one of my friends hang after they killed someone. I don't.. want to hear that. I am not.. telling you to.. but.. I'm begging you.."

Anthony nodded, maybe beginning to calm down a bit, but having all that progress be undone as soon as Elijah hit him with that 'we need to talk'. Shit.

What Elijah talked about was much better than what Anthony was afraid he would say, though—so that was good at least. He fidgeted with his hand that wasn't holding Elijah's, not looking at Elijah as the latter spoke. The urge to defend himself and justify what he had said was strong but he didn't give in to it. He disagreed with him about this, but—he didn't want to hurt him any more than he had done now. "Okay," he said in a small voice. "I'n—I'n sorry, I was just. Angry and wasn't thinking. I'll—I'll never do it again." Not in front of Elijah and not on purpose, at least.

Elijah sniffed and smiled weakly. "I know.. We do things.. we don't mean to when we're upset. And you didn't know.. how I felt about it. Thank you for trying to do it for me. It means a lot to me. It's hard for me to not do something, but I know.. some things we can't easily take back so.. I have to try to keep myself in control." He blushed and looked down putting a hand over his injured cheek. "It clearly doesn't.. work all the time. But I still try.'

Anthony subconsciously squeezed Elijah's hand a bit, and wiped the remaining tears on his own face away with the other. "...Yeah," he nodded slowly and uncertainly, unsure of what he could and should say right now. "I'm—I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Anthony repeated for what was probably the fourth time in this conversation. Most of the things in the...previous situation that had happened weren't actually his fault, but god if he doesn't still feel incredibly, unbelievably guilty about all of it. God, he's so pathetic right now.

Elijah shook his head and rest his head on his shoulder. "You don't.. need to apologize. I'm the one who got upset and didn't handle the fight well. " He didn't even want to think about all of that as his head still throbbed, he wasn't sure how much of it was from the fight or the alcohol. He held him, wanting to return to those happy moments before it begun. "At least.. we're home together now, right?"